Round robin single elimination (with the exception of a play-off game for third place).
Balls: Softer gator balls/playground kickballs will be used (not the official dodge balls).
1. A team consists of 6 players, all of whom must be wearing athletic attire. No street shoes or marking shoes will
be allowed. Although we strongly encourage creativity with uniforms we reserve the right to disqualify any team for
inappropriate attire, poor sportsmanship or conduct. All jewelry must be removed prior to the start of the match. A
team may have additional players that may enter in succeeding games, but no substitutions can occur once the game
has started and all players must be listed on the official roster handed in prior to the tournament.
2. A match consists of one game. Each game will last a maximum of 7 minutes. The game is over when all of one
team’s players are eliminated, or if time elapses the team with the most players left wins. If, after time has expired,
there is a tie, then there will be a 2 minute sudden-death period between the remaining players where the first team
to have a player eliminated loses. If there is still a tie then it is double sudden death overtime in which there will be a
“duel” between the two team captains.
3. Six balls will be used. Officials will place all six balls at the mid-court line. Players must start behind their own
baseline before the start of play. Play will commence upon the sounding of the whistle or horn. Any or all members
of either team may try and gain possession of any of the six balls located at the mid-court line. Once in play, the
balls must be carried back to the end line, then play can begin---in other words a ball can’t be thrown until it is
carried back to the end line.
4. A floating off-sides line will be used. This line will be marked with cones at the end of each line. When
throwing the ball, a player must not have either foot on or across the line when throwing. Anyone breaking the
plane of the line will be deemed eliminated.
5. A player will be eliminated when at least one of the following events occurs: (1) A player is struck below the
neck by a ball thrown by their opponent (the player will still be considered eligible if the ball that struck them was
caught by themselves or a teammate before it hit the ground). (2) The ball they threw was caught by someone on the
opposite team. If this happens the opposite team also gets a player out of the penalty box. (3) They step out of
bounds in an attempt to avoid being hit with a thrown ball. A ball is considered dead once it hits the back curtain or
floor. It must be a direct hit in order to consider the person out of the game. Deflections off the floor, wall, court
dividers, rafters, do not count as an out if caught. Deflections off a teammate—where the ball does not hit the
ground or wall before hitting the second player do count, and both players are out.
6. All players are confined to the out of bounds cones. Players may intentionally leave the playing area on their
own side of the playing floor to retrieve a ball. If a player goes out of bounds to avoid getting out, the official will
call them out. If a ball is thrown into the bleachers, it must be given to the team that is on that side.
7. Once a player is out, they must immediately leave the playing floor and sit in their penalty box. Players who
have been called out cannot retrieve stray balls for their teammates, or that ball will be given to the other team.
8. If a player is stalling (10 seconds or more), or making no attempt to play a ball on the ground, they will be
ordered to roll the ball to the other side by the official.
9. Berean Fellowship Church and its associating ministries, including South Canonsburg Church, will not
be held responsible for any injury. The tournament is play at your own risk. If you are under 18, a parent
must sign the liability and release form in order to register.